- Manages curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
- Assists Director with outcome assessment and strategic planning to further develop program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of the Pre-College Academic Programming Department (PCAP), The Program Manager, will assist the Executive Director in managing a diverse portfolio of innovative, high performing career pathway, college access and success programs for nontraditional adults and disconnected youth. The successful candidate will be a visionary and experienced educator with excellent managerial, analytic, communication and project management skills.
Specifically the Programs Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing a growing number of comprehensive pre-college instructional and college readiness programs including Bridge to College and Careers, NYBEST Integrated Training and college transitions programs;
- Assisting in the hiring and supervision of approximately 10 program staff;
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Department and administrative functions including setting project goals, establishing program calendar, establishing project timelines, assigning responsibilities, supervising workflow and deliverables;
- Tracking and reporting student and program outcomes to multiple stakeholders;
- Ensure that program enrollment, retention and transition targets are met each term;
- Set standards for and ensure the quality of Departmental communications (print, web-based, oral) with students, stakeholders and professional colleagues;
- Liaison with campus offices to establish protocol and communication for ACE student college admissions, Early Alert and registration procedures;
- Implement data collection, entry, reporting and auditing procedures;
- Manage targeted communications for PCAP students, stakeholders and staff using social media, email, texting, print and other formats;
- Represent and assist the Executive Director at public events including: presenting at professional conferences, interfacing with public and private organizations, developing reports and brochures for distribution, and attending campus committee meetings and events as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
- Master's Degree in Education, Organizational Management, Public Administration, Program, Adult Literacy, Curriculum Development, Instructional Design or related field highly preferred, as well as:
- Minimum of 2 years program management experience in the field of Adult, workforce or developmental education plus instructional and/or advisement experience within a secondary, community-based organization, or college setting.
- Demonstrated supervisory and team-building experience; ability to manage relationships and influence others to gain consensus
- Strong skills in collecting and analyzing data to identify program and student needs and implementing appropriate measurable interventions
- Experience in program or business development; ability to assess effectiveness of program and establish continuous improvement model
- Experience leading the development of digital strategies, platforms and content for marketing and communication
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills
- Willingness to work remotely, travel and on flexible schedule, as necessary. Some evening hours required.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references as one document in rtf, doc or pdf format.
CLOSING DATE: 06/07/2015
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer