The Position: We are looking for an exceptional individual who believes in our mission and is able to work with a dynamic and talented team to develop and grow our literacy and language programs in the Liz Smith Center (https://literacypartners.org/our‐classes). In particular, the English for Parents Program Manager will be responsible for managing twelve ESOL classes and teaching one class.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, this position manages three ESOL teachers and will join our diverse, social justice‐oriented team of 27 staff and more than 100 interns and volunteers.
- Lead the teaching team in curriculum development, pedagogical approach, assessment of KPIs and collaboration.
- Manage logistics of English for Parents program, including recruitment, registration, class schedules, assessment and management of student, intern and volunteer records in Salesforce.
- Support online and in-person instruction, including technology support, supplies and classroom rental agreements as needed.
- Ensure compliance and reporting requirements are met for governmental and foundation grants, including workforce tracking, social services referrals, and enrollment and achievement targets.
- Work with the Health Equity Manager and CPO to build partnerships with early childhood providers and health providers that will scale the program and provide support services for students.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator and Health Equity Manager to facilitate intern and volunteer support for English for Parents classes.
- Minimum two-year experience managing adult literacy programs, ESOL preferred
- BA Degree, MA preferred
- TESOL certified with at least one year of teaching experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong digital communications skills, including database and project management software
- Bilingual a plus, but not required (Mandarin, Spanish, Arabic)
- Experience in non-profits preferred
- Great sense of humor
- 20 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays
- Excellent medical, vision and dental plan
- Employer-matched contributions to retirement plan
Send resume with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include acceptable salary range in cover letter. Put “EFP Manager” with your name in the subject line. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a start date July 2021.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.