The part-time non-exempt Program/Teaching Assistant is responsible for administrative and general office duties that support the Queens Library Rochdale Adult Learning Center program including data entry, doing intakes, ensuring classrooms and spaces are ready, supporting teachers in and out of the classroom and recruitment and building a referral base for the participants.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to Center staff.
- Operate all office machines.
- Ability to maintain required confidentiality.
- Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate staff or department; take clear messages when necessary.
- Communicate with all staff, participants, and community members in a polite and respectful manner.
- Compile and enter participant demographics, program and attendance data into internal databases / spreadsheets, and funder database.
- Greet students, staff and visitors; inform students of daily programming.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- High School Diploma, GED/HSE or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in working in adult education preferred.
- Minimum of one year of administrative experience.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive (sheets, forms, etc.) and internet database systems.
- Must be well organized and able to handle shifting priorities.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to: LRodriguez@queenslibrary.org