Brooklyn Community Services' Education Center is hiring a part time instructor for its Adult Literacy Education (ALE) programs in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
The ALE instructor will teach adult basic education classes in science (life science, physical science, and earth and space science). The instructor will write curriculums, facilitate classes, conduct intake, administer tests, and facilitate tutoring (as necessary).
- Design and facilitate science classes
- Administer placement tests, mid-term assessments, and end-of-term assessments.
- Maintain attendance records
- Attend professional development training and seek opportunities to further develop a teaching practice.
- BA in education or a related field.
- Three years teaching experience in an adult literacy program.
- Language skills in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or Arabic is a plus.
Send resumes to:
Deputy Director, Education Center