Temporary through end of June 2016
12-16 hours/week Monday - Thursdays
Reports to: Program Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Individual counseling for participants in the program
- Crisis Intervention
- Facilitate groups relevant to participants’ needs
- Design and conduct workshops addressing participants’ issues
- Provide participants with resource information/make appropriate referrals
- Provide referrals to partner organizations
- Organize student activities
- Participate in outreach events organized by partner organizations
- Represents the organizations at trainings and seminars
- Offers guidance to peer counselors
- Maintains case notes on individual students
- Helps with registration and enrollment of new student participants
- Performs other duties as required by the program
Must have experience working with adults particularly those from the economically disadvantaged population.
Must work collaboratively with instructors, case workers and other staff assigned to the program.
Must utilize community linkages to enrich program activities and meet the needs of the enrolled students.
MSW Preferred or MS in Counseling, Education or Psychology and at least two years of related experience working with economically disadvantaged adults. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Computer literate.
Language Skills: Bilingual English/Spanish, fluent in speaking, reading and writing in both languages.
Respond to HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Must include SHORT cover letter with UPDATED resume – include Job Title – Social Worker Part-time