ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-Test and Post-Test students using BEST PLUS Oral English Proficiency Test
- Places students according to English Proficiency Level
- Assists students in filling out enrollment forms
- Enters information in ASISTS and CAPRICORN data bases on a regular basis
- Helps prepare ASISTS or CAPRICORN reports for Data Coordinator/Program Manager on a monthly basis or as requested
- Checks data bases for accuracy and consistency on a bi-weekly basis
- Attends BEST PLUS refresher workshops or recertification workshops
- Provides information about the program to potential students and organizations
- Assists with registration and outreach for the program
- Contacts students who stop coming for more than two sessions
- Provides teachers with programmatic support like: placing students in different levels or schedules upon conferencing with the teacher.
- Provides teachers/instructors with teaching materials like markers, erasers, pencils, calculators, etc.
- Other duties as required by the program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be BEST PLUS certified and have a working knowledge of ASISTS and CAPRICORN Data Bases. Candidates must be flexible and willing to learn programs procedures quickly
Education and/or Experience required:
High School Diploma Required, Associates Degree preferred and at least one year of experience working with ASISTS and administering BEST PLUS.
Bilingual English-Spanish, fluent in both languages, able to interact with students and staff in both languages.
20 hours/wk, Mon-Thurs evenings, at the Corona Beacon (98-02 Roosevelt Avenue). Bilingual Spanish, a must. ($15-$18/hour depending on experience.)
Resume must be sent to Gail Carmichael at GCarmichael@hanac.org with a short cover letter.