REPORTS TO: Adult Education Program Director
JOB LOCATION: St. Nicks Alliance Workforce Development Center
790 Broadway, Brooklyn NY 11206
St. Nicks Alliance Workforce Development Center seeks Part-Time Spanish High School Equivalency Teachers to teach 5 subjects (Math, Reading, Writing, Social Studies and Science) to adult students in the Adult Education Program, and prepare students for the Spanish TASC exam. These positions require very creative and dedicated instructors particularly experienced with teaching adults. We have immediate openings for the summer, starting in July and the fall, starting September. Various schedules are available, including mornings and evenings. Part Time Teacher reports to the Adult Education Program Director.
- Manage a classroom of up to 15-20 adults over the age of 21+.
- Help students prepare for the Spanish TASC exam and improve their literacy level.
- Develop and deliver daily lesson plans/curriculum and educational activities for students in Spanish HSE programming based on the common core basic practices.
- Monitor students’ educational progress and liaise with staff members provide feedback and establish education plans.
- Administer assessments tests and track results.
- Take and document student attendance for each session.
- Demonstrate ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Provide tutoring services to students
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and minimum 3+ years experience teaching Adult Basic Education.
- Experienced teachers with good interpersonal skills who enjoy working in diverse cultural settings.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Passionate teachers looking to empower underserved communities through Spanish High School Equivalency.
- Excellent communication, organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Experience with TABE testing preferred.
- Knowledge of Common Core Basics.
- Knowledge of the New York State Spanish TASC exam preferred.
- Please submit a thoughtful cover letter, a brief writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Part-Time ABE Teacher, Adult Education Program subject line. Visit www.stnicksalliance.org to learn more about the organization. Please no phone calls.
- St Nicks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.