PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SoBRO is seeking to hire Site Monitors who will play an active role in observing and monitoring activities of Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) participants. The SYEP Site Monitor will process payroll and handle multiple assignments. The Site Monitor will be expected to prioritize assignments and be able to take initiative. The candidate must have a proven track record in customer service. Travel within the boroughs of the Bronx and Manhattan to conduct site visits. Prepare weekly assessment reports in detail and concise manner that reflect field observations. Collect timesheets on a weekly basis and ensure completion with accuracy. Cooperate and maintain a working relationship with the assigned worksite supervisors. Communicate with the Program Manager regarding any conflicts with worksite assignments. Facilitate weekly educational workshops for 20-40 program participants (ages 14-24) with a provided curriculum. Maintain participant files, timesheets and evaluations. Attend all related meetings, trainings and supervisions as required. To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Effective communications skills, both oral and written form;
- Excellent organizational skills essential to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Interact professionally with participants, staff, clients and community partners in a professional manner;
- Work collaboratively with other team members to meet common goals;
- Sensitivity and awareness to different cultures
- Conduct himself/herself as a professional at all times as per SoBRO’s policy on conduct, appearance and adherence to the overall organizational policy
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite computer knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 30 College credits and one (1) year work experience related to customer service and administrative duties OR High School Diploma or High School Equivalency with two (2) year’s work related experience in lieu of college credits;
- Experience working with Youth Development Services a plus
HOURS 20-30 Hours Per Week
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org