Global Language Project is a seeking a Teacher Professional Development Specialist/Consultant to work with us to design and deliver customized professional development for in-service K-12 ENL/ESL teachers.
Founded in 2009, the Global Language Project (GLP) is a New York City based organization providing best-in-class professional development to teachers. GLP believes that learning a world language is no longer a luxury; it is a necessary skill that students must have in order to compete in a global economy. Through extensive, ongoing training, and standards-aligned, tailored curricula, GLP is actively supporting educators in the development of a world-ready, 21st century classroom.
The Consultant/Specialist Will:
- Work with teachers of ENL/ESL and general education teachers who have significant numbers of ENL/ESL students in their classes
- Lead workshops with small groups of teachers onsite and virtually
- Provide coaching to individual teachers in their classrooms
Areas of Specialization Should Include:
- Developing academic literacy in K-12 students
- Strategies for integrating ENL/ESL students in mainstream (English only) classes
- Proficiency based language instruction
- Using data to drive instructional practices
These professional development sessions will take place during the school day in schools located in southwestern Brooklyn. There will be approximately 10 sessions during this academic year, and an opportunity for additional work both this year and in coming years.
- 10+ years of experience working with English as a New Language (ENL/ESL) students at the K-12 level.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience delivering professional development training for K-12 teachers (experience working with ENL/ESL teachers preferred)
- Ability to travel to southwestern Brooklyn
- Familiarity with schools in southwestern Brooklyn (strongly preferred)
Please send your resume, a cover letter succinctly describing your relevant experience, three professional references from consulting assignments/clients, and your daily rate to Michelle Paradies, Manager of Teacher Training Programs; email@example.com.