Brooklyn Public Library seeks a P/T instructor to deliver Pre-HSE level instruction to young adults (age 17-24) in the ENY section of Brooklyn.
The academic instructor is responsible for designing & delivering thematic units of study; reflective of evidenced-based literacy and numeracy approaches.
- Develop and deliver high interest instruction to young adults
- Oversee student led service learning
- Collaborate with YALP team
- Maintain student records and confidentiality
- Provide support at departmental events
- Participate in training and professional development as assigned
- Additional duties as required
- BA (Education or related field), 2 years teaching/facilitation experience required. MA/MS a plus.
- Energetic w/ interest & dedication to working exclusively with young adults
- Experience with curriculum development w/ focus on thematic units of study
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the TABE and TASC
Mondays and Tuesdays: 9:30am to 2:30pm
Wednesdays: 10am to 2:00pm
Fridays: 10am to 3pm
Click on the following link to review full job ad & to apply: YALP Instructor