Program: Youth and Adult Education Services (YAES)
Location: 337 Alexander Avenue, Bronx, NY 10454
Youth and Adult Education Services (YAES) is a program in the Department of Adult Education & Workforce Development at East Side House Settlement (ESH). YAES offers comprehensive High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation and TASC testing (formerly GED) to residents of the South Bronx. Students aged 16-24 years old receive instruction in reading, writing, math and science skills as well as College Access and Success services. Students also receive comprehensive social supports as well as Job Readiness, Financial Literacy, and Social/Emotional Skills.
The College Access & Retention program is also a key component of YAES. This program promotes and facilitates transition of all ESH High School/HSE students to College and provides extensive retention support to ensure their success. The Director is responsible for overseeing the inter-disciplinary staff team while they provide comprehensive educational and social supports to all YAES participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Department Director of Education and Workforce Development the Director’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise the HSE, Employment, and College teams towards meeting established Federal guidelines and standards, funder requirements and contractual obligations
- Lead team of 10-12 staff towards attaining professional development and program goals
- Develop and control budget for program services
- Submit reports to multiple agency and funding sources
- Represent the agency by attending meetings and workshops
- Oversee the creation of innovative and contextualized student learning experiences
- Ensuring the implementation of youth development principles in all programming
- Perform additional program support functions as required
Education and Skill Requirements
- Masters Degree in relevant field and experience in a not-for-profit community based setting
- Minimum three years management experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple contracts
- Knowledge and strong commitment to youth development principles
- Knowledge of adult literacy practices and GED/HSE transition issues
- Strong presentation skills; ability to represent the organization in various venues
- Demonstrated knowledge of community service/development
Please submit resumes to Department Director Caitlin Dooley at email@example.com.