BPL’s Adult Learning Dept seeks dynamic, experienced teacher to deliver rigorous, engaging Pre-HSE level instruction to young adults (16 to 24 years old). Must demonstrate knowledge of Common Core State Standards (CCSS), balanced literacy teaching approaches & youth development principles.
- Develop and provide engaging, explicit reading strategy, writing, and math instruction to young adults in Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team
- Participate in training as required.
- Manage student records and assessment data.
- Provide support at recruitment, outreach, and recognition events.
- Addt’l duties as requested.
- BA in Education or related field; MA/MS a plus.
- At least 2 years successful teaching experience with YA’s; exp. with pre-HSE & CCSS
- Superior facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Exp. & interest in working with at risk youth
- Exp. administering the TABE assessment; working knowledge of current TASC exam.
$35.00/hr, 19 hrs/week. Grant-funded.
Submit cover letter indicating your availability and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE