Educational Case Manager
The Adult Learning Center (ALC) at NYC College of Technology seeks a part-time Educational Case Manager (ECM) for our Integrated Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) funded program. The ALC collaborates with workforce development partners to provide advanced English learners free healthcare training which includes contextualized English instruction.
- Advise and support advanced level English language learners enrolled in Medical Assisting and Direct Support Professional trainings, through in-class workshops and one-on-one sessions. Counsel participants on career prospects, academic goals, and personal concerns, while ensuring confidentiality
- Identify and establish joint referral relationships with relevant social service agencies, community-based organizations, and with Workforce1 centers
- Assess student needs and make appropriate referrals to social services and other agencies
- Provide crisis intervention when needed
- Assist students with mapping their career plans, including related academic and personal goals
- Track student progress, attendance and satisfaction, while completing required data entry tasks
- Work closely with instructors and administrative staff to meet program objectives; this includes the monitoring and documentation of progress and outcomes for both current and former program participants
- Provide support during both the application process and the orientation of new students
- Attend 14 hours of RAEN Professional Development
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a social work, counseling, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Relevant experience in counseling individuals
- Strong awareness of the barriers facing immigrants looking to integrate into the US workforce and academic environment
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Daytime availability
Salary range $40-$45/hour. 15-20 hour/week.
Please respond to vacancy notice with resume and cover letter at www.rfcuny.org. Look under About RF, Search and Apply for a Job, Instruction and Social Services, Case Manager - NYC Tech, PVN ID: NY-2204-004681.