New York City College of Technology, CUNY
Adult Learning Center – Division of Continuing Education
Reporting to the Director of Education Programs, the Coordinator oversees day-to-day operations for the Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education Program (IELCE), a grant that provides funding for contextualized ESOL instruction in collaboration with healthcare training partners.
The position requires meeting multiple program targets and goals. This includes requirements for attendance; student improvement on standardized tests; attainment of healthcare sector certifications and employment. A minimum of five classes will be offered. The Coordinator will lead information sessions for interested individuals and provide interviews to determine eligibility. Must have a good understanding ESOL pedagogy and best practices to ensure teachers provide quality instruction. The ability to supervise a case manager in addressing student goals and needs is essential.
- Oversee and coordinate outreach, intake, registration, testing, placement, and related enrollment tasks
- Supervise and provide support to staff and instructors
- Work with training partners and instructors to develop, select and implement effective content-based curricula
- Identify staff development needs and oversee the provision of staff development
- Create online flyers, forms, surveys, and spreadsheets
- Manage student data collection, data entry, and reporting
- Establish and strengthen partnerships
- Additional responsibilities on an ad hoc basis, as assigned by the program director
- BA in education or related field; MA preferred
- Three or more years in program administration, preferably in a grant-funded setting
- Relevant contextualized ESOL teaching experience in adult basic education programs or similar
- Competent in the use of technology, with strong computer skills
- Familiar with social media, such as Twitter and Facebook to promote class offerings
- Able to work effectively in-person or remotely
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Well organized; able to prioritize and delegate responsibility
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, be flexible, creative, resourceful, and work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work evenings hours
Salary range: $60,000 - $65,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Please respond to vacancy notice with resume and cover letter at www.rfcuny.org. Look under About RF, Search and Apply for a Job, Instruction and Social Services, ESOL Coordinator - NYC Tech, PVN ID: NY-2205-004764